Invitation for Bids.L4000-UZB: Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridor 2 (Pap–Namangan–Andijan) Railway Electrification Project. AAX-05: Draisine for maintenance of catenary.
Invitation for Bids
September 22, 2023
Loan No. and Title :
L4000-UZB: Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridor 2 (Pap–Namangan–Andijan) Railway Electrification Project – Additional Financing
Financed by the Asian Development Bank
Contract No. and Title:
AAX-05: Draisine for maintenance of catenary
Deadline for Submission of Bids :
November 6, 2023, 14:30 (local time)
1. The Republic of Uzbekistan has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridor 2 (Pap-Namangan-Andijan) Railway Electrification Project-Additional Financing and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the ADB financing to payments under the contract named above.
2. The Joint-Stock Company "O'zbekiston Temir Yo'llari" (the “Purchaser”) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders toward the Contract AAX-05: Draisine for maintenance of catenary
Detailed information and specifications are provided in the Bidding Document.
3. The Bidding is open to all eligible applicants with the following key qualifications
• Successful completion as main supplier within the last 5 years, of at least 2 contracts each valued at US$ 6,500,000 with nature, and complexity similar to the scope of supply described in Section 6 (Schedule of Supply)
• Submission of audited financial statements or, if not required by the law of the Bidder’s country, other financial statements acceptable to the Employer, for the last 3 years to demonstrate the current soundness of the Bidder’s financial position. As a minimum, the Bidder’s net worth for the last year calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive.
• The Bidder or manufacturer shall demonstrate that each of the proposed Goods:
i. been in production for at least three (3) years
ii. been sold a minimum of 8 units of similar type and specifications over the last five years.
iii. been in operation for a minimum of three (3) years
• Minimum average annual turnover of US$ 26,000,000, calculated as total payments received by the Bidder for contracts completed or under execution over the last 3 years.
Open competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with the ADB’s Single-Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible source countries, as stated in the Bidding Document.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information on the bidding and inspect the Bidding Document at the address given below (see paragraph 9) from 09:00 to 18:00 hours starting from September 22, 2023.
5. To obtain the bidding documents, in English, eligible bidders should request by sending a written application at the address indicated below (see paragraph 9)
6. Bidders shall submit their bids as follows:
· to the address below
· on or before the deadline for the submission of the bids: 14:30 hours (local time) on November 6, 2023
· together with a Bid Security as specified/described in the Bidding Document
7. Bids will be opened immediately after the bid submission deadline in the presence of bidder’s representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 15:00 on November 6, 2023.
8. The JSC "O'zbekiston Temir Yo'llari" will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.
9. The address referred to above is:
The JSC O'zbekiston Temir Yo'llari (Uzbek Railways UTY)
Attention: Mr. B.N.Rustamov
Head of PIU, Room 322
7 Taras Shevchtnko str., Tashkent 100060 Uzbekistan
Fax: 998 (71) 236-49-14
Phone: 998 (71) 238 88-88, +998 (71) 236-49-09